Friday, February 11, 2011

30th Birthday Party Planning

If you remember from last year, birthdays are big deal in our house...we get birthday weeks! I've decided that my birthday week will start on Valentine's Day this year. I can't wait to see what Christopher has up his sleeve for this year's present.

Since I was so indecisive about what I wanted to do for my birthday. I ended up helping Christopher plan my party. It's going to be an all day event. Only my friends wonderful friends would understand that (and put up with it).

On February 19, we still start the day out at The Candle Lab for a candle making party with just the girls. Then while our candles are setting we will get something to eat at La Chatelaine. I wanted to do a light lunch because for dinner we are going to The Meling Pot. After we have stuffed ourselves at The Meling Pot we are going to head to OManny's, one of our favorite pubs, for some adult beverages.

My very talented husband was able to make these awesome invitations for everyone. We saw the idea on Etsy and my husband was able to copy the idea. He is very talented in the realm of Photoshop. Aren't they adorable?

Ok, maybe only a true geek can appreciate them?

Since we know most of the bartenders at OManny's they have agreed to hold some tables for us. So the above invite will then have Held for Christy's 30th Birthday and be in a card tent on each table. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

7 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday celebration!!! My birthday is also on the 19th! Happy Birthday!

The Domestic Princess said...

My actual birthday isn't until the 21st but we're celebrating early this year. Happy Birthday to you too!

Katie said...

That sounds like a great way to spend the day! Have fun!

Southern Wifey said...

I totally love all of the above!

my favorite restaurant is Melting Pot (I think Ive convinced my DH to take me there for Valentines Day)

and Im a graphic designer and think your invite is absolutely adorable! tell you DH he did a good job!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like SO much fun! If I was in the area I would totally crash the party. :o) Have a wonderful time! How sweet of Chris to help plan the party. You guys are so cute.

The Domestic Princess said...

Thanks Mel. You wouldn't even have to crash it, we'd totally welcome you with open arms ;)

Shay said...

What an awesome birthday celebration! Quite a day you have planned, I love the candle making idea- But the invitation takes the cake so to speak. Such a cute idea and very nicely done! Props to the husband :)