Monday, December 13, 2010

Spotlight on Infertility: Suzanne and Winston

 Welcome Suzanne and Winston for today's Spotlight.
 
1. You and your significant others names  Suzanne and Winston

2. How long have you been trying to conceive? 2 years

3. What stage of Infertility are you in (Natural, Clomid, IUI, IVF)? I am Post-IVF trying to decide what to do next while I am waiting for hormones to stabalize from my last miscarriage.
 
4. What procedures have you gone through to diagnose you and your significant other? Semen analysis, Several exploratory operations to look at my uterine walls, surgery for endometriosis, surgery for removal of uterine septum, lots of intrauterine ultrasounds for various reasons, etc.
 
5. If you have been diagnosed, would you please share? Stage III Endometriosis, Septate Uterus, Decreased Egg Quality and Quantity.

6. Are you seeing an Ob/Gyn or a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) Reproductive Endocrinologist
 
7. What supplements are you taking (PNV, Fertile Aid, Etc.)? Pre-Natal Vitamin Rx

8. Are you charting/using ovulation predictors/fertility monitor? If you are charting, would you want to post your chart link? No. I don't really ovulate anything - poor egg quality.
 
9. Have you ever been pregnant before? Yes - We did two IVF cycles. The first IVF (October 2009) ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks. The second IVF (June 2010) ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks.

10. What are your plans for your future (infertility treatments, adoption, working with children)? We are thinking about another IVF - but we need to run more uterine tests first. Other options we are open to include: egg adoption, embryo adoption, and baby adoption.
 
11. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about you? This process can be really difficult, but you have to try everything and exhaust all possibilities before you give up. For me, I feel that I will someday have a child - whether it be my own or adopted. Keep positive and don't get bitter towards the process.

12. Do you have a blog/website where you talk about your journey? If so, please link here: I sometimes find it difficult to blog about such personal matters, it was really hard to talk about my first miscarriage in a public forum - so we didn't tell anyone about the second IVF cycle. It didn't make it any easier to not share. I did participate in Project IF . . . http://suzandwinston.blogspot.com/2010/05/project-if-better-late-than-never.html

I'm so sorry about your recent loss and hope you guys find the right path in your journey. Good Luck!
 

No comments: