Monday, December 6, 2010

Spotlight on Infertility: Lindsey and Justin

I would like to introduce Lindsey and Justin. Like so many other of our Spotlights I can relate very closely to Lindsey and Justin and I know you will too. 

1. You and your significant others names: Lindsey and Justin

2. How long have you been trying to conceive? Since April 2009

3. What stage of Infertility are you in (Natural, Clomid, IUI, IVF)? FET (frozen embryo transfer) following failed IVF

4. What procedures have you gone through to diagnose you and your significant other?
Lindsey: I had tons of blood work, ultrasounds, an HSG, Saline Sonogram, etc. I have done everything except have a lap because we were moving to IVF.

Justin: Blood work, urologist work up, ultrasound and doppler to check for varicocele, SA, Morph 

5. If you have been diagnosed, would you please share?
Lindsey: PCOS with Insulin Resistance, Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Anovulatory, Low Progesterone Levels

Justin: Low motility, 3% morph (indicates IVF with ICSI needed)

6. Are you seeing an Ob/Gyn or a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist)
We have been seeing an RE for a year. In June we changed to a new RE, which we are SO happy with.

7. What supplements are you taking (PNV, Fertile Aid, Etc.)?
Prenatal Vitamin Daily
4000IU Vitamin D Daily
400 CoQ10 Daily
81mg Aspirin

8. Are you charting/using ovulation predictors/fertility monitor? If you are charting, would you want to post your chart link?
Not really. I know exactly what is going on with my body because I am closely monitored during my FET (as was I with my IVF and injectable IUIs).

9. Have you ever been pregnant before? 
No, never.

10. What are your plans for your future (infertility treatments, adoption, working with children)?
We are currently doing an FET. We have 5 frozen embryos from our fresh IVF cycle. We are hoping to transfer 2 and still have enough embryos for another FET, this will depend on out thaw rate.

11. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about you? 
I am a person who works very hard. I am successful because I work so hard for the things that I want. Infertility is extremely hard for me to deal with because I cannot win this fight by trying and giving it my all.

12. Do you have a blog/website where you talk about your journey? If so, please link here:
http://waitingforourmiracle-daniel.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

###### said...

I always say if I could deliver a baby for someone that wants to love one...I would. I am so touched by these stories.

The Domestic Princess said...

Thank you TamStyles. I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying reading these stories. It's so hard for some of these women to talk about this in real life.