Monday, October 4, 2010

Spotlight on Infertility: Jana and Brian

 Welcome back to Spotlight on Infertility. I hope your enjoying these stories as much as I am. I want to thank all the ladies who have "come out" and let us into their world.

Today I have another great success story. Jana is a great such a great person. I "met" her through an online chat board and her support has been invaluable to so many women. Jana and her husband, Brian, were blessed with a beautiful daughter this year. Kendall was born early due to pregnancy complications not related to infertility. Without further ado, welcome Jana....
 
1. You and your significant others names - Jana and Brian 

2. How long have did you try to conceive? We tried for 1 year without any luck.

3. What stage of Infertility were you in when you conceived (Natural, Clomid, IUI, IVF)? IUI and Clomid

4. What procedures have you gone through to diagnose you and your significant other? Brian did an S/A and I had blood work done on day 3 of my cycle which tested for FSH, Estradoil, AMH and LH. I also had and ultrasound performed to determine my Basal Antral Follicle count. Then within that same cycle I also had an HSG performed between cycle days 6-12.

5. If you have been diagnosed, would you please share your diagnosis? Jana's main issue was Age (we were both 36 at the time of seeking help), and an Arcuate Configuration of the Uterus was found during the HSG. This can make getting pregnant a wee bit tougher but that is the only issue with it, unlike other uterine abnormalities. Brian was determined to suffer from Mild Teratospermia. An explanation can be found here.

6. Were you seeing an Ob/Gyn or a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist). We went to an RE after giving it a full year and after working with an Endocrinologist for Jana's thyroid condition.

7. What supplements were you taking (PNV, Fertile Aid, Etc.)? Jana took PNV's, DHA supplements and Fertile Aid for 6 mos. without luck. Brian also took Fertile Aid.

8. Were you charting/using ovulation predictors/fertility monitor? Jana charted for 9 mos., used OPK's for a year and for the last 6 mos., used the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor.

9. Had you ever been pregnant before conceiving your child? I had a miscarriage when I was 21.

10. What were your plans for your future if treatment didn't work (infertility treatments, adoption, working with children)? It was all a wait and see game. Brian didn't want to spend the thousands of
dollars for IVF since it would have been all out of pocket for us.

11. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about you and your journey? We are so truly blessed and thankful to have our beautiful daughter today!


12. Do you have a blog/website where you talk about your journey? If so, please link here: I'm currentlyworking on a blog about being parents to a preemie (this had NOTHING to do with our IF issues! Please don't let that scare you.) I was a blogger on Bloomin' Babies a long time ago under the name of Sunshine Bud. My posts can still be read here.



Jana and Brian, Thank You so much for sharing your story with us. I love seeing pictures of your beautiful daughter as she grows strong. Jana, you have been such a support to Christopher and I through this crazy journey. You'll never know how much that means to us. 

No comments: