Sunday, August 2, 2009

1 month Smoke Free

Today marks one month of smoke free. I have to say I have not been the easiest person to live with over this past month but am still proud of the fact that I'm still not smoking. Over that past two years I have tried to quit two times with no success. So they say third times a charm?

Here are some cool facts of what my body has gone through over the last month:

Within 24 hours of quitting smoking:

-Circulation to hands and feet begins to return, causing the body temperature to increase.
-Blood pressure and pulse begin to decrease.
-Carbon monoxide levels drop and oxygen levels begin returning to a normal rate.

Within 1 week of quitting smoking:

-Users chances of a heart attack decreases
-Nerve endings start reconnecting throughout the body
-Taste buds begin to return
-The sensation of smell returns as well

Within 1 month of quitting smoking:

-Physical and psychological nicotine withdrawal symptoms begin to subside.
-Circulation continues to improve to pre-smoking body temperature.
-The lungs’ are beginning to function as they did before smoking
-Persistent cough and shortness of breath will begin to subside

2 comments:

Roeshel said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work! :)

Jill G. said...

Congrats! I have several friends who've had to battle to quite smoking, so I'll root for you too on getting rid of the habit!