Friday, August 14, 2009

Taking Charge of Your Fertility


Christopher and I decided that birth control was not working for us anymore. You say not working?!? I mean more like Christy forgets to take her pill everyday. So I started exploring what other options we have for natural birth control. In my search I came across a great book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. The great thing about this book is it works for both natural birth control (BC) and trying to conceive (TTC). I have read most of the book so far and have started putting some of it's principals to work. The biggest principal to follow is temping. This involves taking your temperature every morning at the same time. Then chart the temperature every day. What you should see is a big spike in your temperature, this means you are ovulating.



As you chart for a few months, you will get an idea of what day of the month you ovulate. For preventing pregnancy, it allows you know which days to avoid intercourse and which are 'free' days. I have found this book so informative about getting to know your body as a women and paying attention to the signs it gives you.
Have you read this book? What are your thoughts about it?

1 comment:

LukesLove said...

I read some of it (to lazy to sit and read it cover to cover, maybe someday...) and I *try* to remember to take my temp each morning, it's harder than it sounds! It is a good informational book for both views!