Monday, August 17, 2009

Antique Roadshow

Ok, this isn't THE antique roadshow but it's my little version of it. Christopher and I took a detour on the way to the grocery story on Saturday morning to shop at the antique shops in downtown Columbus. This is something we do often, just for fun. So, I thought you guys might like to come along for the ride. Here are some great things that I found while shopping.

I fell in love with this orange pitcher. It was $10 which was out of my price range for shopping that day.
This old window would look great hanging on a wall in our 'beach' bedroom

I thought these blue mason jars would make great accent pieces

"Let's go upstairs" Says Christopher

I just loved this. I've never seen one in person.

I loved these lamps but had no where to put them. Don't you hate when that happens?

Flash back!

I absolutely fell in love with this stroller. Christopher totally loved it too. It was $123 BUT how would you get that in a car?

I just loved the chocolate in this stroller. It was the same price.

A veiw of the basement.


Down Memory Lane was located right across the street but didn't have any thing worth taking pictures of that day.

The Boomerang was also across the street from the Antique Mall

I just had to! I wanted this Princess mixer but it was $75. Ouch!

Do you think this Hoover could hold up to the Dyson?

Can you imagine, when these were the only settings on a vacuum?

If this were 50 years ago, I may be writing to you from one of these.

I thought this resembled the Starburst Mirror from Target.

How how we've come a long way...

These were the days, when ashtrays were built into tables! Lol!



I thought this was the coolest book. It was published in 1951 and had tips about how to keep your garden.

So do you want to do know what we actually purchased? We bought this chair for $5. It just needs a little cleaning up but I thought it would be perfect in the guest room. It was exactly what I was looking for.



Here is a picture of it in the room.

What do you think?


No comments: