Sunday, September 14, 2014

{Week 14 Marathon Training}

|September 7 - September 13|

Looking back, a marathon was never anything I ever said I wanted to do. It was never anything I dreamed I'd do. When I heard of a person I knew training for a marathon I always admired that person, HOPED I could be that awesome in my later life but again never anything I thought I would be doing. 

At the risk of sounding cheesy, running as taught me that I'm so much stronger than I give myself credit for. And I think this week just showed me that. 

The beginning of the week was rough. My son was having problems with his asthma, I was feeling very weak and very tired. I gave myself some much needed time away from training early in the week. 

Sunday: Rest
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 3 miles
Saturday: 20 miles


Long Run Saturday (20 miles): I still cannot believe that I did this. I took this picture at mile 18, look at all those smiles. We were happy and enjoying our long run. It was a really great run. I'm so happy that my week finished with such a strong run. It makes me feel so much more ready for this marathon. 


We ran Worthington to OSU campus, around OSU stadium and back. 


Have I said how much I love my Garmin Forerunner watch? Satellite view of our run around the stadium. 


And my selfie at the stadium


Last but not least my running group. I cannot say enough about MIT and Fleet Feet Columbus. They are such a great support for me. 


No comments: