Wednesday, September 3, 2014

{Week 13 Marathon Training}

|August 31 - September 6|

How is it week 13 of training already? Do I really only have 6 more weeks of training? This summer has just flown by.

Last weekends recovery from 18 miles was pretty rough. I don't think I thought I would be so sore. I'm not looking forward to the 20 mile recovery.

Monday was Labor Day and we had a fun 4 mile race...Run 4 The Health Of It. I will definitely run this race again. It was a lot of fun and there was lots of swag afterward.
 
 
Week 13 Marathon Training called for 33 miles and I ran 23 miles
 
Sunday: Rest
Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 5 miles 
Saturday: 8 miles
 
Saturday Fall Back Week (8 miles): Saturday was a really busy day for us. I knew I wasn't going to be able to meet my MIT group. But also knew 10 miles on my own was doable. So I got up at 5:30 am and set out to do 10 miles but I ran out of time. So I came back thinking I would do another 2 miles later but ofcourse that never happened. It's 2 miles and I'm not going to stress about it. Next week will have plenty of miles. 


I did end up spending a lot of time with my family this weekend whic is way more worth it than the extra 2 miles! 





No comments: