Sunday, August 24, 2014

{Week 12 Marathon Training}

|August 24 - August 30|

My training plan called for 39 miles and I ran 45 miles. Yes that's an insane amount of miles. It was weird this week due to my race falling on Sunday. 

Sunday: 16 miles
Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 7 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 18 miles

On Sunday we ran Emerald City Half Marathon. My schedule called for 16 miles. So Chris and I got up at 4:45 am to get to the race in enough time to run 3 miles before. 


We met up with a few girls from MIT in our corral. They are so funny. 


And Chris is really good at taking running selfies. This was at 10 miles which was 13 for us. 

 
It was a great race! Afterward we met up with a few more friends and feasted on wings and rum. 


Saturday Long Run (18 miles): Wow that was one looonnnngggg run. The humidity was 90% when we left at 6:30 am and I was sweating at mile 1. My pace group slowed down considerably today due to the weather. So our average was more 11:30 today instead of 10:30. 


I really struggled the last few miles due to the humidity and being tired. So I decided to keep myself busy with pictures. This was at 16.5 miles. 


17 miles, the group I run with. We were running so fast you can't see us hahaha! 


Ok so about fuel....

For breakfast I ate an English muffin with jelly and a banana before I left the house. Then I took 2 GU Chomps with me (Watermelon no caff & Strawberry w/ caff.). I think I like the caffeine better so I'll just be taking those from here on out. I also tried out a new recovery drink after my run today that I really liked. It's called Organic Fuel by Organic Valley. It was super delish and has 26g of Protein in it. I ofcourse opted for Chocolate. This is definitely my favorite recovery drink by far. 


No comments: