Monday, June 30, 2014

{Week 1 Marathon Training}

|June 8-June 14|


Week one of marathon training called for 20 miles, but my actual total was 23.83.

Sunday: 6.36 Miles
Monday: 3.5 Miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 4 Miles
Thursday: 3.85 Miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday 6 Miles

I ended up having a 10K on Sunday that we had signed up for in January, way before I decided to sign up for the marathon. So that added some extra miles to my week.



Deciding to run a marathon was a huge decision for me. It's a lot of time away from my family. I decided that joining MIT was going to be in my best interest. For lots of different reasons. But the main reason was knowing that on Saturday morning at 7 am, there would be someone waiting on me and expecting me to be there. A whole pace group that would make me accountable for getting up and getting out there. My first group run was awesome. I talked with a lot of different people and a few of my coaches. They allowed me to talk their ear off and ask lots of questions. Week 1 = Feeling Good!
 

No comments: