Thursday, February 2, 2012

Early Trip to Labor and Delivery



My blood pressure has been running on the borderline to high scale for a week or so in the office. The doctor had me do a couple tests to make sure everything is going OK but told me if I had a headache I couldn't get rid of to call her. Well I went to bed with a headache and woke up with a headache, so in the morning I called. Just to be on the safe side, she wanted us to head to Labor and Delivery to be monitored.

What a scary trip that was to St. Ann's Hospital. The car ride was very silent and the only thing Chris and I could think of is, "Is Jackson being born today?"

Once we arrived at St. Ann's and got checked in, the nurse hooked me up to all the monitors and we got to hear Jackson's heartbeat in surround sound. That was all this Mama needed to make her feel better. After laying there for about 30 minutes my pressure came back down. They think that my headache was more than likely sinuses and gave me a good shot of medicine to get rid of it. 

At 36 weeks we are so happy that baby boy is still "cooking" and are anxiously awaiting his arrival!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad everything was ok! Good luck with the next few weeks!

Sarah said...

I had high blood pressure with my pregnancy and ended up being induced with pre-eclampsia... wishing you don't have to go through it! Good luck!

The Domestic Princess said...

Thank you ladies! Yes Sarah I'm hoping we don't have to do that too.