Welcome back to Spotlight on Infertility. It's been a while since we have featured a couple. Please send some encouragement to Christy and Jon:
1. You and your significant others names? Christy and Jon
2. How long have you been trying to conceive? 18 months
3. What stage of Infertility are you in (Natural, Clomid, IVF) We are preparing for our third Clomid/IUI cycle. The first cycle I ovulated early and we missed our window for the IUI. The second IUI cycle was unsuccessful. I am on BCPs this month to regulate my cycle after a cyst last cycle with the Clomid (100mg).
4. What procedures have you gone through to diagnose you and your significant other? I have had all my bloodwork/hormones checked, including FSH, Estrogen, & Progesterone, as well as multiple Ultrasounds. I have also had an HSG, which came back all clear. Hubby's Semen Analysis came back normal.
5. If you have been diagnosed, would you please share? We have been diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility". The only thing the doctor can suggest at the moment is that I seem to ovulate a little early (day 11-12) sometimes, so there may be an egg quality/maturity issue going on.
6. Are you seeing an Ob/Gyn or a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) Reproductive Endocrinologist? After one year of trying naturally, my OB/Gyn referred us to an RE at the local Fertility Clinic, who we have been seeing for the past six months.
7. What supplements are you taking (PNV, Fertile Aid, Etc.)? I take a PNV, calcium, and Fish Oil. I also just started taking Royal Jelly capsules this week and drink a cup of Green Tea or Raspberry Leaf Tea everyday depending on where I am in my cycle. DH takes a multi-vitamin and Fish Oil.
8. Are you charting/using ovulation predictors/fertility monitor? If you are charting, would you want to post your chart link? I charted for two years while we were TTA and have continued to do so. I used ovulation predictor tests for a few months but haven't done that in a while. Now that I'm being monitored by the RE I don't feel the need to chart as consistently.
9. Have you ever been pregnant before? No.
10. What are your plans for your future (infertility treatments, adoption, working with children)? We plan to do one more Clomid/IUI cycle, then move onto Clomid + injectables/IUI, then injectables/IUI before discussing the next option (IVF/adoption/quit trying).
11. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about you? I think the Unexplained Infertility diagnosis is perhaps one of the most difficult to deal with. It is so frustrating when every test comes back normal and the doctors cannot pinpoint a reason for our infertility. We waited for so long to start trying, making sure we were ready financially and emotionally. I have had normal 28-30 day cycles all my life and never expected to have such a difficult and disappointing journey to conceiving. This whole experience has opened up my eyes as to how many people like us there are out there struggling with the same heartbreak. We just have to stay positive and know that God has a plan for us!
12. Do you have a blog/website where you talk about your journey? If so, please link here: N/A
**If you would like to be featured on Spotlight on Infertility, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org**