Wednesday, December 1, 2010

White vs. Colored Christmas Lights

This year in the Domestic Princess house we have had the great Christmas Light Debate: White vs. Colored Lights. 

Ever since the first year we started putting out Christmas lights, we have had colored lights. Each year we buy more colored lights so that the whole house is lite up with beautiful Christmas lights.
Credit
 But this year I wanted to try to do white lights and Chris is VERY objected to this. I thought it would be fun to do wreaths in the windows and white lights out front. More of a traditional holiday display.

What color light do you do outside?

15 comments:

Momma J said...

I am a white light girl. To me its just classic and clean. Now for big displays with music - color all the way.

Momma J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darla said...

I leaned more towards white or any solid color, the husband? color like yours..

Jessica Grimes said...

I like white lights !

The Domestic Princess said...

It's so funny that all the girls like white lights. I think I *almost* have him talked into white lights. We'll see

Anonymous said...

White lights!

Pookie Bear said...

We do color...and white on the tree. Maybe I'm backwards, lol.

Anonymous said...

color. Your husband sounds like a creative artisic visionary!

Anonymous said...

color. Your husband sounds like a creative artisic visionary!

Krista said...

We do color!

Litt1er4 said...

Outside is color but my tree(inside) is all white!

Gia said...

White, outside and on the tree!!

TabbyKat said...

me: white lights on the house, color on the tree. amy: white lights on the house and tree. final decision: white lights on the house, undecided on the tree. :)

The Domestic Princess said...

Thank you all so much for the comments. We're putting up the lights this weekend. We'll see what we end up with.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.