Monday, November 22, 2010

Spotlight on Infertility: Heather and Ben

1. You and your significant others names  Ben and Heather

2. How long have you been trying to conceive? We are currently on our 12th cycle, 15th month.

3. What stage of Infertility are you in (Natural, Clomid, IUI, IVF)? I'm on my 2nd cycle of Clomid - 50 mg. I responded great the first cycle and O'd on CD 16. For the second cycle, I'm on CD 25 and don't have confirmed O yet (although I think I may have yesterday - we'll see).

4. What procedures have you gone through to diagnose you and your significant other? Ben had a semen analysis done. I've had bloodwork and an HSG. All results came back good.

5. If you have been diagnosed, would you please share? The main problem is that I either don't ovulate or ovulate really late... hence trying the clomid. If we don't get PG this cycle, we're going to do one more on 50 mg and then explore a higher dosage/trigger shot.

6. Are you seeing an Ob/Gyn or a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) Right now I'm just seeing my Ob/Gyn. My insurance doesn't cover infertility treatments, so she's doing everything she can first and coding it as an ovulation problem (which it is)

7. What supplements are you taking (PNV, Fertile Aid, Etc.)? Just pre-natals.

8. Are you charting/using ovulation predictors/fertility monitor? If you are charting, would you want to post your chart link? I am charting and using OPKs. I also have been monitored w/ ultrasounds while on clomid. Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29a91f

9. Have you ever been pregnant before? No.

10. What are your plans for your future (infertility treatments, adoption, working with children)? We haven't decided how far we will go in treatments. We would most likely try 1 or 2 IVF cycles. We would also consider adoption.

11. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about you? Nope.

12. Do you have a blog/website where you talk about your journey? If so, please link here: Not yet - we're just starting to share with people our struggle.

Thank you to Heather and Ben for sharing their story. I hope we can report great news back about you two soon. 

If you would like to be part of Spotlight on Infertility, contact me at domesticprncs@gmail.com. 

No comments: