Monday, October 25, 2010

Spotlight on Infertility: Chelsea and Aaron

Welcome Chelsea and Aaron to Spotlight on Infertility today. These two people hold a special place in my heart. Chelsea is someone I met online through a chat board but has become a sounding board for me. I think we will always be kindred sisters.


1. You and your significant others names Chelsea & Aaron

2. How long have you been trying to conceive? Since February of 2009

3. What stage of Infertility are you in (Natural, Clomid, IUI, IVF)? We just began our first IVF cycle.

4. What procedures have you gone through to diagnose you and your significant other? I have had an HSG, bloodwork, and ultrasounds. Aaron has had 2 semen analyses.

5. If you have been diagnosed, would you please share? We have been diagnosed with male factor infertility due to little to no normal morphology and low motility with no forward movement.

6. Are you seeing an Ob/Gyn or a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) We are currently under the care of a RE for our IVF cycle.

7. What supplements are you taking (PNV, Fertile Aid, Etc.)? I take PNV's and Aaron is on male Fertile Aid. The RE and the urologist told us that it may not help him at all but it can't hurt, so we want to give it our best shot for IVF.

8. Are you charting/using ovulation predictors/fertility monitor? If you are charting, would you want to post your chart link? I stopped charting when we received the first semen analysis results because it was apparent that we were not going to get pregnant on our own. I did chart for about 9 months so I had a good idea of how my cycles were.

9. Have you ever been pregnant before? No

10. What are your plans for your future (infertility treatments, adoption, working with children)? I am not looking beyond this IVF at this point. I am keeping that positive attitude.

11. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about you? Infertility is a journey. You never really know what choices you will make or how you will react until you are faced with hard decisions. Never say never!

12. Do you have a blog/website where you talk about your journey? If so, please link here: I post under the name "Sassy Bud" on the Bloomin' Babies blog- http://bloominbabies.blogspot.com/search/label/Sassy%20Bud

Please give Chelsea and Aaron a HUGE Good Luck for their upcoming IVF cycle. I just know that this is going to work and they will have their baby soon.

If you would like to be featured on Spotlight on Infertility, please email me at domesticprncs@gmail.com.

No comments: