Wednesday, July 7, 2010

On the Quest for Good Fish Tacos

I don't think I've ever told you about my quest to find the best Fish Taco's in Columbus, Ohio?


 Three years ago, Christopher and I went to California to visit friends and family. While we were there we had, what are still ranked in my book, the best Fish Tacos EVER. We were at a place called Belmont Brewing Company in Long Beach, California.

(This is the actual table we sat at)

Maybe it was the atmosphere, Maybe it was the Strawberry Blonde Beer, Maybe it was the ocean but these were the best Fish Taco's I've ever had (and I've had a lot).

So on 4th of July, Christopher and I ventured to downtown Columbus to check out a place that we heard about called Mad Mex. It was a quiet afternoon in downtown Columbus so we were able to sit on the patio. I took one look at the menu and knew I was going to try their Fish Taco's:

Here’s the Situation: Mahi Mahi with spicy cabbage slaw, avocado, cilantro, and chipotle aioli and a side of avocado-tomatillo salsa.

Hands down, these are the best Fish Taco's in Columbus, Ohio. Loved, Loved, Loved the Fish Taco's. All the flavors combined together were amazing.

The only thing negative I have to say about Mad Mex is that with all that spicyiness in the tacos we waited 20 minutes to get refills on our beverages. Our waiter seemed to have disappeared. All in All, I would still recommend anyone go to Mad Mex and try their Fish Taco's unless, ofcourse, you live in Long Beach, California!

Have you ever tried Fish Taco's? Tell me where and what your experiance was.

6 comments:

Kim3278 said...

Cheesecake factory has amazing Fish tacos.

The Domestic Princess said...

Wow, I would have never thought.

::Runs to checkout their menu::

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those look and sound amazing!

Michelle Murphy said...

I used to live a few miles from the Belmont Brewing Company!!! I would run from my apartment down to the beach and run the path in Belmont Shore! Strawberry Blond was always one of my favorite beers too!
My husband and I even went their on our first date...
I know what you mean about trying to find good food this direction. We miss the mexican food and sushi from Long Beach :(
Food in Tennessee isn't quite the same.

Sydney's Fashion Diary said...

I have never tried fish tacos before but it sounds pretty good. Let me know when you get a chance to try it at Cheesecake Factory

Anonymous said...

My sister Janet makes the best fish tacos. Until she made me try hers the thought of fish tacos made me sick. And there isn't a problem with getting my drink refilled..I had a whole bottle of wine to myself. I'm sure if u wanted to try hers she would make them for u.