Monday, June 21, 2010

TTC: Jealousy!

It's something I have not felt in a long time but it seems I'm faced with it every day now.

I remember in middle school feeling so jealous of the girls who had the newest designer clothes and shoes. I always wanted to be like them. As I went in to high school, I seem to come into my whole skin a little and yes, I still had to have the designer clothes but was cool with who I was. It made high school a little easier.

So imagine my surprise, as I'm walking through a store and see a woman wearing the best accessory of all: a baby belly. All the emotions of middle school wash over me again. I'm so incredibly jealous of these women. I try to remind myself that, she too, may have struggled to have that baby but some days it just doesn't work and today is one of them.

Here is my affirmation to make myself feel better:

1. I will get pregnant

2. I will have a child

3. I'm learning patients through this process

4. We will be parents

6 comments:

Sydney's Fashion Diary said...

Christy, your post touches my heart. You're in my prayer. Hang in there and your wish will definitely come true

Kristin said...

I remember that feeling all too well. It took my husband and I 13 months to conceive this pregnancy, and now I am due in 6 weeks. I know it's a struggle, but hang in there! It WILL happen!

Anonymous said...

It's hard not to get jealous. You are human and you are bound to get upset when you see stuff like that. I love your little reminders, though. Keep at it. You WILL be a mother.

Callie Callender said...

It will happen for you! Having patients sucks, but you are doing everything possible to be on the right track, so it will work out in the long run! We are still young! (even if it doesn't seem like it some days!) Maybe we should look into some kind of vodo baby making rituals.. j/k!
Baby making power to you! lol

Holly said...

I can definitely relate to this post and I too need to constantly tell myself those same things. We will get there *hugs*

JulesA23 said...

Christy I feel the same way, you are not alone. I am so tired of seeing eveyone on facebook posting about being pregnant and pictures of ultra sounds. I just finished my first round of clomid and did not ovulate. I am getting ready to start round two. Best wishes for you!