Saturday, September 27, 2014

{Week 16 Marathon Training}

|September 21- September 27|

This week is the last of the high miles. I'm soooo happy about that. Definitely ready to taper. 

I seem to be handling these long mile weeks a lot better than I did in the beginning. I was tired but not exhausted this week. 


Week 16 Marathon training called for 46 miles and I ran 35 miles. 

Sunday: Rest
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 8 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 20 miles

Chris and I took off Wednedsay to get my last weekday long run in. We went to Hilliards Rails to Trails and did 8 miles. 


Saturday Long Run (20 miles): I'm really sad to report this was the suckiest run I've had through training. First, I woke up at 5:30 am and realized we had no bananas. So I tried a Larabar and toast. Bad idea. Second, all my running buddies in my group were gone today. Third, I was cramping the whole run. It just sucked. BUT I sucked it up and finished 20 miles. Came home took an ice bath. Everyone has a bad run. Today was just mine. 3 more weeks until Columbus Marathon. 


No comments: