Thursday, August 7, 2014

{Week 9 Marathon Training}

|August 3 - August 9|


Week 9 of Marathon Training and my plan called for 34 miles and I ran 25 miles. 

Sunday: Rest
Monday: 6 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: Walk
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 14 miles

You know those weeks where mediocre is this bar that seems so far high above where you are, that you will never reach it? Yeah that was this week. Both my husband and I are running the same amount of miles. We are both tired. The most simple things seems to be impossible this week.

On top of the fact that I've been having off and on soreness in the outside of my right leg by my ankle. I'm sure this is due to the increase in miles lately. I gave myself an extra rest day on Tuesday and walked a few miles on Thursday night.

I did started using the new Brooks Ghost 7 I bought a few weeks ago with my MIT discount. Aren't they so pretty? 



Saturday Long Run (14 miles): Let's start with the good, I just ran my longest run ever. Wow 14 miles!!!! The last 3 were tough but the group helped push each other through to the end. If I haven't said, I love my MIT 10:30 pace group. Some of our conversations just crack me up.


The not so good, I think my Garmin is broken. It cannot find a satellite at all. I messed with it most of my run trying to get it work but nothing. I got home, did a hard restart, sat it outside and still no progress bars at all. I don't know what happened?!? So I guess I see a call to Tech Support in my future. No fun map of the trail today :( 


No comments: