Thursday, July 24, 2014

{Week 7 Marathon Training}

|June 20-June 26|


My new favorite morning snack: Stoneyfield Banilla (banana/vanilla) yogurt w/ Strawberries, Blueberries and Grapes & Green Tea

Week 7 of Marathon Training called for 29 miles and I logged 25 miles. I decided to give myself an extra rest day this week to help prepare myself for the 10 on Saturday. I still did most of the miles for the week.

Sunday: Rest
Monday: 5 miles
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 10 miles

I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm just going to be tired through this whole process. Maybe accepting it will make it less tiring? ::yawns:: But getting up at 5 am does get you some really cool heat lightening pictures.



Long Run Saturday (10 miles): This was not, by far, my strongest 10 mile run but I do so much enjoy the runs with my MIT pace group. They are a fun group of people. 



Today I took a combo of Fierce Gatorade and water (1/2 and 1/2) in my handheld water bottle. Then at 4.5 miles I started eating my watermelon GU Chomps (no caffeine) and drinking water with each chomp. We stopped at a little over 5 for a water break and I was done eating all the GU Chomps by that point. I refilled my handheld water bottle with a combo of Lemon Lime Gatorade and water. My stomach was a little upset at mile 7 but it passed pretty quickly. 

Overall though it was a good run. I of course forgot to restart my Garmin so it only says 9.56. ::slaps head:: This 10 mile run it puts me at 92.1 miles so far this month. I'm hoping to break 100 miles this month. 

No comments: