Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TTC: First Cycle of Clomid

I'm taking Clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle. I've kept a log of my feeling and emotions most days this cycle.

Day 3 (May 11): I'm super anxious but yet excited at the possibilities that in less then a month we could be pregnant. Tonight I take my first of 5 pills. I've read so many things about Clomid but I'm just going to put those to the back of my mind and be positive about the 'unknown.' My Mom told me she put in a call to Grandpa Kenny, who is no longer with us, so I hope he's up there working his magic.

Day 4 (May 12): Got an email from my cousin this morning, letting me know she was thinking of me. It made my day. The only side effect that I have experienced is I'm super thirsty. I can't get enough water today.

Day 5 (May 13): Still super thirsty today. I had my first melt down last night. Crying, angry, happy all in about 30 minutes. I think Chris would be ready to check me into a 'facility' if he didn't understand all of the side effects of the Clomid.

Day 6 (May 14): Feeling pretty normal today. We have a cookout tonight with our friends and I'm really looking forward to it.

Day 7 (May 15): Today I woke up with two giant zits on my face. Awesome! I'm glad we're just working in the yard today. Hopefully, they are gone by Monday

Day 8 (May 16): I've been very emotional today w/ a slight headache. Uggg...

Day 9 (May 17): Feeling much better this morning. The zits are gone and so is the emotional roller coaster that was yesterday. I'm hoping to concentrate on work and having fun with Christopher. 18 days until vacation...

Day 10 (May 19): We got some news today about Christopher's seman analysis. I'm not totally ready to share yet but I'm feeling very helpless. It looks like both of us have problems in the reproductive area and this may be a lot longer of a journey than we thought. Where's the cupcakes?

Day 13 (May 21) Went in for my follicle scan this morning and eveything is great. I'm on Day 13 and have one very large follicle (34 mm) and one ok size follicle (15 mm), also my lining increased to 10 mm from the last time I had a follicle scan it was only 4 mm. This is just the kinda news I needed today. I'm a dork and tried to read the techs sheet as we were walking out...I thought it said 3 mm. I cried all the way home.

Day 17 (May 25) Today I'm feeling pretty hopeless. Eventhough we got a great report on Friday about my follicles, I still have yet to ovulate. A typical Clomid cycle would force you to ovulate 5-10 days after you take your last pill. That should be today. I will probably call the doctor tomorrow or Thursday.

Day 18 (May 26) Feeling better this morning after a talk with Christopher. We have decided to not continue with the Clomid for right now. Christopher has a vericocele and needs to have surgery. We had decided to wait until the end of summer but after a long talk last night we will be moving up the surgery to July. This mean at least a 3 month hold on TTC. I think we're both ready for the break.

Day 19 (May 27) Today I woke up to a postive ovulation predictor...Ok, body, let's do what we are supposed to now.

Day 23 (May 31) We had a great Memorial Day weekend. I'm only 4 days past ovulation and not feeling any symptoms. We're just getting ready for vacation. We leave on Friday.

Day 26 (June 3) I got up early this morning to make it to the lab when they opened to get my 7 days past ovulation progesterone blood draw. This test will confirm that ovulation happened. My progesterone level is supposed to be over 15 for a medicated cycle. I hope to hear back from the doctor soon. We leave tomorrow for vacation...so excited!

Day 35 (June 12) We had a great vacation but 'my friend' came the day we left. So onward and upward. I cried, I got angry, I got jealous and I moved on. Christopher will have his surgery in July.

4 comments:

Linds said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out this month. TTC is such a frustrating journey. Don't forget that Clomid builds each month, and can even work after you finish your treatments. Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry the Clomid didn't work this month. I know how frustrated you must feel, and I certainly understand the range of emotions. I've been there. Hang in there, sweetie. I'm thinking about you.

Sydney's Fashion Diary said...

Hang in there, Christy. Good thing will happen soon.
------------------------------
Visit me @ PetiteLittleGirl.blogspot.com

The Domestic Princess said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Ladies! We're hoping that surgery will work miracles